Local GP surgeries are no longer running the vaccination centre in Northallerton Grammar School. Homecare Pharmacy have taken over the site and will still be offering COVID vaccines at the below times:
Thursday: 08.30 – 17.30
Saturdays: 09.00 – 12.00
July & August
Thursday: 09.00 – 17.00 – subject to change depending on demand
Spring Booster Campaign
The NHS is offering COVID vaccine spring boosters to certain people. This includes:
- Those aged 75 and over
- Those living in a care home for older people
- Those aged 12 and over with a weakened immune system. For most people in this category hospital specialists will advise that you are eligible. Examples include patients with a blood cancer, organ transplant recipients, patients on chemotherapy or other medication that weakens your immune system.
- Walk in vaccinations may be available depending on how busy the site is. You are strongly advised to book an appointment to be certain of receiving your vaccine. GP surgeries do not have access to the national booking system so are unable to do this for you. You can access the booking system either online https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/ (scroll to the green ‘book now’ button at the bottom) or on the telephone via 119 (choose option 1 then 2).
- You will be contacted by the NHS and invited to book your spring booster when it’s due. You may be offered appointment dates from 3 months (91 days) after your last dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, but try to book an appointment around 6 months after your last dose to get the best protection from your spring booster.
- Care Home residents will be contacted separately to receive their spring boosters.
- More information about the COVID vaccine is available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/
Tested positive for COVID recently?
If you have recently tested positive for COVID, you need to wait before getting your COVID vaccine.
- Aged 18 or over – wait 4 weeks (28 days) from the date of your positive test or when your symptoms started (whichever was earlier)
- Aged 5-17 – wait 12 weeks (84 days)
- Aged 5-17 and at high risk from COVID or you live with someone who has a weakened immune system – wait 4 weeks (28 days)
All children from aged 5-15 can now book appointments via the National Booking System https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/. Children are being vaccinated in specific clinics and will not be able to get a vaccine without an appointment. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT. There is further information available at the following websites.
- Aged 12-17 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-resources-for-children-and-young-people
- Aged 5-11 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-resources-for-children-aged-5-to-11-years