Many minor ailments and illnesses can be dealt with effectively and safely with over the counter medicines that you can buy from your local pharmacy. How your local pharmacy can help:
- Advice about choosing the right medicines for common ailments
- Advice about staying healthy
- Advice on medication compatibility
Did you know that 10 of the most minor ailments seen by GPs can also be treated by you at home?
By treating yourself at home you could save a trip to the surgery and free up time for the GPs to see patients with more serious health problems.
Read about some of the most effective home treatments on the NHS website for:
- Back pain
- Heartburn and indigestion
- Nasal congestion (blocked nose)
- Sprains and strains
Other NHS services
As well as our practice, there are many other local NHS services you can contact for health advice, information or treatment.